School Stickers is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Data protection legislation applies to "personal data" (data that relates to a living individual such as a name, home address or mobile telephone number) and regulates how that data is collected, held and processed. Data protection in the UK is governed by the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "DPA"). For the purposes of the DPA School Stickers Ltd is the "data controller" School Stickers may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
- Information provided by and about individuals. This is personal data we need to process your account and orders such as your name, address, postcode, email address and telephone/mobile number. This is relevant to all individuals including parents and children
- Information provided by and about schools. This is usually information for processing orders such as school name address and contact details. However due to the nature of our service we also collect and store data about pupil performance. This data is never passed on or used in way other than to enable reasonable use and development of our free classroom reward products by the schools that provided it.
- Information about website visitors. We collect data from visitors to the website, such as IP addresses, browser versions and operating systems.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To customise and improve our products and services.
- To send emails or direct marketing materials about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting and relevant using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interest and feedback
We will always give you an opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving any marketing material from School Stickers.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. This includes the use of an SSL certificate for encryption and our transactional website is fully PCI compliant.
All data is held on secure external servers by industry leading providers -
Data centre access is strictly limited to security-cleared personnel, controlled by extensive CCTV monitoring and state-of-the-art access control systems.
- CCTV covers all areas of the data centres and corporate offices.
- Highly experienced security guards on duty 24x7x365.
- Access control requiring swipe-card, multiple digit PIN, finger-print plus accurate weight matching, ensuring absolutely no access to unauthorised personnel.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Sharing of Personal Information about Individuals, Parents and Children
Personal information and children's personal information is an integral part of our business. Under the large majority of circumstances that data will not be shared with anyone without express permission of the individual and in the case of minors the parent or responsible guardian. However we assume consent to share your personal information with companies performing services on our behalf (such as direct marketing agents or courier services) only in so far as it is necessary to provide that service and on the basis that it is only used to provide that service. We may also share your personal information with other members of our corporate group to improve your on line experience with us. Examples of this could be transfer of information between our Carrot Reward products and MyStickers. In some circumstances, we may have to disclose your personal information by law, because a court or the police or other law enforcement agency has requested this.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
School Stickers, 2 Lawford Terrace, Lawford Close, Birmingham, B7 4HJ.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.